Here is my Thyella as a bizarre version of a carousel horse. This was supposed to be my entry for TheUnicornMasquerade's Three Colour Carousel Unicorn Contest where the idea was, like the title says, to draw a carousel unicorn with just three colors. However, I didn't like the flat colored version of this drawing so I ended up shading it and added a texture on the top of everything. Contest rules do not allow hues so this is just inspired by the contest theme, not an actual entry.
Thank you again! It was really pleasant surprise to see this comment flow of yours in my inbox! I wanted to give her a bit dragonic look and I will more likely to go even further to that direction when I develop her design more.
Wow this is strong picture! I am wondering how you did that background oO that´s markers? Firt I was think you added that bg digitally! It looks really amazing ._. And that horse have really interesting design! Looks really cool - like fantasy unicorn for knights!
Thanks a lot! It was really fun to design the armor for the horse, I might have to make more of these...
The background is done digitally, only horse is drawn traditionally. I have recently started to do textures from my photos and this background is one result of my experiments. There is a link to this particular texture and my stock account in artists comments. ^^ I guess something like this could be achieved with markers or inks and alcohol, at least what I have seen from your works alcohol creates similar-ish patterns.
This is so stunning! ♥♥♥ Thyella looks amazing (as she always does) and the colors that you chose for the textured background, paired with her awesome bone armour, just make this image 'pop.' I just want to keep looking at this, and little details and colors, over and over. It's really beautiful!
Pairing this Thyella picture with this particular texture was a happy accident: I had the horse part ready quite a while but it just didn't look right with flat colors and I didn't know what to do with it. Then I just decided to test if I could make it work somehow and splashed my newest texture on the top of it and was like: omg, it doesn't look too bad! A lesson learnt: a texture can save otherwise doomed picture.